Elder Talon Walz

Elder Talon Walz

Monday, January 23, 2017

January 2017

1/9/17 This week I went into the city to get my Visa which was a crazy experience! On Friday, I was able to do the first 2 steps out of 3. The first took about an hour which was just standing in line for a stamp in my passport LOL. For the second, I stood in line for like for 5 hours and 15 minutes!! It was crazy but at least I was with my friends from the CCM, we all went on the same day. Since that took so long I had to wait and finish the 3rd step this morning which took about 3 hours. It’s a long process because of lines but the time you are actually with a person is super simple and short. It’s weird.
This week really was awesome. I have been teaching the same 2 investigators for 4 or 5 weeks and this week we found like 4 or 5 more! Its great having so many people to teach and we are anticipating a few baptisms.

1/16/17 I had a dream the other day that on Mother’s day and Christmas we could fly home for that day and then leave again the next day. Super weird but pretty funny! 
I am going to order a scripture case from a member who lives in the Santiago South Mission. He has a pamphlet that a lot of the missionaries have ordered from. It is a case that is woven into the cover of my scriptures. Supposedly you can even order one from the states from this guy. I attached a picture for you to see the different ones. I will choose two of my favorite scripture stories for him to do a picture of, one on the front and one on the back.

So not a ton is new. We are still living in a little house with Elder Roberts and his companion from Mexico. He is actually from our group from the CCM and is super fun. We are still waiting for another house that is big enough for all of us! So that is exciting that if I stay another change here I will be with them. We have changes again the first week of February. I think Elder Matamoros will leave and I’ll stay but no one knows for sure! ha-ha! One thing I had to do this week is eat two slices of bread with nothing but avocado in the middle! It was the first time I was able to do it. It actually wasn’t too bad. That is like a meal that people have here. A roll with avocado and a slice of tomato. So I am getting more and more used to it.

This week we had a family night with a family that has been inactive for like 15 years. We are teaching one of the granddaughters that is 16 and we have a baptism date for the 28th! So that is exciting! But yeah the family night was really good. We shared the Mormon Message of The Hope in God’s Light or something like that. Its one that is pretty popular. I first saw it when Chan posted it on facebook last year. It was super spiritual and hopefully we can get them to come back to church! One cool thing about that too is I understood pretty much everything in the video in Spanish. Videos have been the hardest to understand but that night I understood everything. I definitely felt that part of it was that I was feeling the spirit very strong, it was really cool!

This coming week we have a meeting in San Antonio! (the beach) It is with my zone of Peñaflor, Talagante and San Antonio. So I will be able to see my friends from Talagante! I am excited for that and to see the beach finally!

1/23/17 So this week was pretty sweet. We had a meeting with president and 2 other zones. He gave us the new announcement of the schedule for missionaries all around the world I think. We now wake up 30 mins later and still have time to exercise. We eat and get ready but now we only have personal study and planning, then we leave at 10am to proselyte. We are to schedule 2 hours later in the day to do our choice of language study or companion study. We decided to do those two hours after lunch from 3 to 5 because it is the hottest time of the day and we are always super tired. We have till 9:30pm to get home and before it was 9. The new schedule is not very strict at all so it is up to the missionaries to use their time wisely.
Another new experience is that I had to eat blood sausage this week! You might not have heard of it but its literally blood inside of the outer coating of a sausage. You grill it just like sausage. It wasn’t too bad but because I knew what it was it was terrible. LOL The weather here has been super hot! It is like 35 degrees Celsius normally and then a few days have been like 38. I think that is only like 100 degrees but because the sun is stronger here it is rough!

Well I miss you and love you all!











No comments:

Post a Comment