Elder Talon Walz

Elder Talon Walz

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My first week!

Momma!!

My first week has been great! I have learned so much in a week it is absolutely insane! My Espanol isn't great yet but I can pray in Spanish and I have already taught like 5 lessons in Spanish! They have been pretty bad but it is cool that I am doing it. So today I am going to just write as fast as I can because I only have an hour and I don't know if that is plenty of time or not yet. So I am sorry for the grammar if its bad ;) The computer underlines every word because it thinks I should be typing Spanish so I don't know if I misspell something.

So I wrote down some things I wanted to tell you:

1. Our MTC is the only one in the world that we can leave on our Pday which was today. It was really quick because we wanted to see so much. But yeah we can walk the city for two hours. Then we have an hour to write. Every morning we can also leave for an hour to go to a park to play soccer! Its cool, they have tons of mini soccer courts at the park. It is a super fun way to start of the day. Oh also our MTC only has like 55 people in it.
2. My companion is Elder Roberts and he is from Utah about 5 minutes from the Timpanogas temple. He is a sweet guy and we get along great. We have 6 people in the district and we all get along great. He is in a YouTube video called kid history episode 3 and he is the completo guy. He was only 12 in the video but it is a pretty funny video.
3. We went to the temple this morning! That was super cool. It was even in English which was nice.
4. So every class here is taught in Spanish but luckily some have translators haha! On Sunday we have to prepare a 4 minute talk in Spanish, but after that the rest of the day is in English. We have like 2 specific Spanish classes and then the rest are teaching classes in Spanish. It is pretty overwhelming but when I look back now I see that I have made a lot of progress.
5. The food here at the MTC isn't great unfortunately but we make it work. They pretty much have the same ingredients used for each meal. Ham, rice, pork, pasta, and then all their veggies are really cold like corn or broccoli. There is always good salad but no dressing! haha They have this super good salsa that I put on everything including my salad. The other good thing is the bread which I do really like! But yeah back to the ham and pork. The ham is like bologna which i don't really like and the pork just looks gross! So I don't need to worry about me gaining too much weight at the MTC. Oh also the way they make their eggs are runny! haha So gross!
6. It has been pretty cold! Im glad you got me that bigger jacket and also that bigger bag has been perfect. I love it haha I pretty much have everything that we need here so that is really good! 

All in all this first week has just been a great time. I'm the first one up every morning at 6:30 which is kind of funny. Right when I here the alarm I sit up and pray and then get down of the top bunk and get ready. Everyone else sleeps at least 15 more minutes. Then we go to personal study for an hour and then we have breakfast followed by physical activity which means soccer haha! Then the rest of the day is teaching fake investigators or Spanish class or learning how to teach haha Then we go back to our rooms at 9:30 and lights out at 10:30.

I memorized a scripture and our missionary purpose in Spanish:
Y por el poder del espiritu santo podreis conocer la verdad de todas las cosas.
That is Moroni 10:5 I think! haha sorry these computers keys are different so I haven't figured out many of the symbols. 

Well I only have a half hour left and I have only written you and I have a few more emails to read so I got to go. I love you so much mom. You are so great! Have an amazing week.

I'll send pics in another email! haha

Love Elder Walz








Walking the city

Me and Elder Roberts in front of the Santiago Temple





I'm told all the dogs have fleas.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment